- File an accident report, no matter what. An Atlanta trucking accident is rarely minor, but even if you’re involved in one that doesn’t seem as serious as it could be, under no circumstances should you fail to file a police report. This ensures your case is well documented, and your lawyer will need a copy of the accident report.
- Immediately seek medical attention. Some injured passengers don’t get medical treatment after their accident and end up falling victim to more serious symptoms or conditions later on, as certain injuries – some of them quite serious, such as traumatic brain injury or spinal cord damage – don’t manifest until some time after the crash.
- Notify your insurance company. This may seem like a no-brainer, but you want your insurer to hear about the accident from you, not from the other party.
- Don’t sign anything the insurance companies give you, even your own, until you’ve spoken with a semi accident lawyer. You may be signing away your Atlanta accident compensation.
- Get a semi accident lawyer. Truck companies are notorious for their cutthroat tactics when it comes to injury claims, and you cannot focus all of your energy on studying case law and compiling evidence when you should be focusing on healing from your injuries.
After an Atlanta trucking accident, speak with a semi accident lawyer. You need to be prepared for the aggressive and evasive tactics the trucking company and its insurer will implement in order to minimize or outright dismiss your claim for Atlanta accident compensation.
Providing the Legal Help You Need after an Atlanta Trucking Accident
To learn more about the rights of accident victims and what you can do to protect your Atlanta accident compensation, request one of Shane Smith’s books: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. These books provide the valuable tips from an experienced semi accident lawyer that you need, and are available free of charge to Georgia accident victims and their families. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "5 Things You Should Do after an Atlanta Trucking Accident"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."