After a car accident with a truck, if you were injured you may be entitled to compensation. Your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and more could be addressed through a claim. Contact an Atlanta trucking accident attorney for help.
Here are 6 things you should so after a car accident involving a truck, aside from seeking medical attention, which should be your priority:
- call the insurance company as soon as possible;
- take notes of all conversations you have with the insurance adjuster (including date, time, who you talked to and what was discussed);
- look at your insurance policy to understand what type of coverage you have and consider other types of coverage that may be available under other policies;
- take pictures of the accident scene, damaged vehicles, injuries, weather conditions and anything else related to the accident;
- keep a folder of all documentation related to your accident (including medical statements, receipts, and bills); and
- seek help from an attorney when you have sustained serious injuries.
When you have been injured after a car accident involving a truck, you should seek legal counsel to learn what steps to take next. An Atlanta trucking accident attorney can explain your rights and what options may be available.
Providing the Legal Help You Need after a Car Accident in Atlanta
To learn more about the rights of accident victims and what you can do to protect your case, request one of Shane Smith’s books: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. These books provide valuable tips from an experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer and facts for Georgia injury victims and are available free of charge to Georgia accident victims and their families. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Atlanta Trucking Accident Attorney: 6 Things to Do After a Car Accident with a Truck"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."