1/21/2012A commercial truck accident can happen many ways, and although some have higher fatality rates associated with them, all are dangerous and can result in tragedy. If you or someone you care about has been hurt in such a crash, speaking with a truck accident lawyer can help.
The most common types of semi truck accidents include the following:
- jackknifing, in which the back end of a truck folds in (either to the side or upwards, in some cases);
- fuel fires, which are typically the result of the diesel fuel coming into contact with a battery spark;
- rollovers, one of the most fatal types of truck accidents, can occur as the result of a number of different factors – driver error, equipment malfunction, and roadway conditions; and
- brake malfunction, failure, or overuse, which can happen if a driver forces the truck to come to an abrupt stop too quickly without giving the brake drums a chance to cool, if the brakes haven’t been properly maintained, or if the truck’s load isn’t evenly distributed.
- equipment error;
- a negligent driver; or
- some other contributing factor, contact a truck accident lawyer about your accident claim.
Providing the Legal Help You Need after a Semi Truck Accident
To learn more about the rights of semi truck accident victims and what you can do to protect your commercial truck accident claim, request one of Shane Smith’s books: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. These books provide valuable tips from an experienced Atlanta truck accident lawyer about pursuing your negligent driver claim, and are available free of charge to Georgia accident victims and their families. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).
Category: Truck Accidents
There are no comments.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Different Types of Commercial Truck Accidents in Georgia"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."