8/29/2011If you have been injured in an Atlanta car crash, you will have to deal with an insurance company in order to get compensation for your medical bills, property damage, and other losses. Even if the accident is not your fault, you should not expect this process to go smoothly. Insurance companies rarely offer an accident victim all the money they are owed. You will need to fight for your fair settlement.
Here are some tips from Atlanta personal injury attorney Shane Smith:
1. After the accident, make sure you call the police. Get an accident report filled out and find out how you can get a copy
2. See a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. If you have any new symptoms in the weeks following the crash, get those documented by your doctor. Ask for copies of your medical records.
3. Realize that the insurance company's first goal is to save money. They will misuse anything you say to reduce or deny your claim. Don't discuss your injury or the accident with the insurance adjuster.
4. Don't sign anything until you have spoken to an Atlanta personal injury attorney.
5. Know the value of your claim. You may be entitled to a variety of damages, including but not limited to medical expenses, property damage, car repair costs, lost income and pain and suffering. An Atlanta accident lawyer can help you put a monetary value on your claim.
To schedule a free consultation, contact the Law Offices of Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999.
Category: Auto Accidents
There are no comments.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Four Tips To Help You Get A Fair Settlement After Your Atlanta Car Accident"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."