A report by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimated that 25,580 people died and many more were injured in 2012 auto accidents from January through September. Being prepared before an accident can enable a victim to obtain all the necessary information that will be helpful to their case.
Consulting a Clayton County attorney after an auto accident enhances a victim's ability to receive a reasonable settlement. If you have been injured in an automobile accident you should discuss your case with an accident attorney at the Law Offices of Shane Smith.
Georgia auto accident victims may be entitled to compensation for the following expenses:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses related to the auto accident injuries
- Lost wages caused by missed work related to the auto accident. This includes time for hospitalization, rehabilitation and future medical appointments.
- Lost future earnings as a result of the auto accident
- Repair or replacement of the car and any property that was damaged or destroyed in the accident
- Permanent disability and disfigurement stemming from the car crash
- Emotional distress resulting directly from the auto accident
Georgia law requires that auto accident victims prove the other driver was negligent in order to collect damages. Victims must show:
- The driver who caused the injuries had a responsibility to drive safely such that other drivers would not be injured and did not satisfy that duty
- There is a connection between the other driver's violation of duty and the injuries
- There are damages (financial loss) resulting from the accident.
Georgia law requires that the recovery amount should be reduced if a victim's carelessness contributed to the auto accident injuries.
If you or someone you know has been hurt in an auto accident, meet with a Clayton County auto accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Shane Smith. We can obtain the relevant evidence including police reports.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Georgia Auto Wreck: Are you Entitled to Compensation?"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."