When someone has an alcohol problem—misuse and abuse of alcohol—alcohol-impaired driving is often a result. As part of National Alcohol Awareness Month in April, our Georgia DUI injury attorneys would like to focus our attention on impaired driving in Georgia and throughout this nation.
There are many facts surrounding alcohol-impaired driving that stem from alcohol misuse and abuse. Some of the facts include:
- In 2010, one person died every 51 minutes—over 10,000 people—due to drunk driving crashes.
- In April 2010, 870 people died in motor vehicle crashes that involved drivers having a blood alcohol concentration over .08 BAC.
- People who have a problem with drinking alcohol have twice as many injury events per year.
- Problem drinkers have approximately four times as many hospitalizations for injuries.
- Alcohol is still the primary substance that is abused or misused.
- Over 1.9 million emergency room visits have been linked to substance abuse or misuse.
Through Alcohol Awareness Month, those who have an alcohol problem can get help through public awareness. If you are concerned that someone you know and love has an alcohol abuse problem, there are some signs the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism wants you to be aware of, including:
- Drinking more than 4 drinks per day for men
- Drinking over 14 drinks each week for men
- Consuming over 3 drinks per day for women
- Drinking more than 7 drinks per week for women
If someone you love falls into these categories, it is time that person is aware he or she is considered a heavy drinker and may have an alcohol abuse problem. Talk to that person before he or she injures an Atlanta DUI victim through drunk driving.
If you have been injured or you have lost a loved one in a drunk driving crash, please call the Law Offices of Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999 or (866) 979-1629 to speak with an experienced injury attorney in a free consultation today.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Georgia DUI Injury Attorney Reveals Signs of Alcohol Abuse"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."