12/17/2010Icy weather is to blame for hundreds of Georgia car accidents around metropolitan Atlanta.
A Gwinnett County head-on collision on Old Fountain Road in Dacula left several people, including a child, seriously injured. At least one of the accident victims has life-threatening injuries.
If possible, avoid driving when roads are icy. If you must drive, slow down and follow these safety rules:
Driving safely on icy roads
• Leave yourself plenty of room to stop. You should allow at least three times more following distance than usual.
• Brake gently to avoid skidding. Ease off the brake if your brakes start to lock up.
• Turn on your lights to increase your visibility to other drivers.
• Keep your lights and windshield clean.
• Use low gears to keep traction, especially on hills.
• Don't use cruise control or overdrive.
• Even if you have a four-wheel or front-wheel drive, don't assume your vehicle can handle all conditions.
Icy roads can cause trouble for any vehicle.
Winter weather driving is dangerous. Give yourself plenty of time to get to your destination.
If you are in a winter driving accident and need help obtaining insurance compensation for your injuries and property damage, contact Atlanta accident attorney Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999.
Category: Auto Accidents
There are no comments.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Icy Weather To Blame For Hundreds of Atlanta Area Accidents"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."