5/31/2011Have you been offered a settlement for your Atlanta accident injury claim? Does the settlement cover all your medical bills or does it seem low? Or has your settlement been denied?
Insurance companies are experts at coming up with reasons to deny, delay or devalue accident settlements.
Here is a list of excuses that are commonly used to justify a low insurance payment:
1. You were not wearing your seat belt; therefore you are at fault for your injuries.
2. Your car had defective safety equipment.
3. You were driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
4. If you didn't see the other driver run a red light, make an illegal turn, or head towards you one a one way street, the accident is your fault for not paying attention.
5. You had preexisting medical conditions.
6. The other driver told a different story.
Learn how to protect your Georgia accident injury claim in Atlanta auto accident attorney Shane Smith's book, 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case. To discuss a settlement offer or to schedule a free case evaluation, contact the Law Offices of Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999.
Category: Auto Accidents
There are no comments.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Injured in an Atlanta Auto Accident? Before Accepting An Insurance Settlement, Read This!"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."