On Halloween night, children are out and about trick-or-treating and walking to and from homes. During this time, children often have to cross the street in order to get to the next neighborhood. Unfortunately, many child pedestrians on Halloween are victims of Georgia wrongful death accidents.
Why Do Halloween Wrongful Deaths Occur?
Fatal Halloween car and pedestrian accidents in Georgia take place for a variety of reasons, including:
- More pedestrians are walking the streets on this one night of the year
- Kids run out into the street and get hit by forward moving cars
- People leaving parties fail to look and back up and over kids when reversing
- Grandparents headed home from seeing their grandchildren trick-or-treat may hit pedestrians due to their failing eye sight
- Teens turn their Halloween parties into alcoholic parties and proceed to drive home drunk—running over a child pedestrian or crashing into another car
- Adults have too much to drink and also attempt to drive home impaired
- Dark nights and rain can make it more difficult for drivers to see pedestrians
- Wet roads can make it more difficult for drivers to drive safely and bring their cars to a stop in time
- Inclement weather can cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles
In the majority of scenarios listed above, negligent drivers are the reason why innocent pedestrians on Halloween are killed every year. If your child was a victim of a wrongful death in Georgia, your family has rights to pursue compensation. Learn more about your family’s rights by calling a skilled Fayette County wrongful death attorney at the Law Offices of Shane Smith for a free consultation today at (770) 487-8999.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Reasons Why Halloween Can Turn Tragic & Into a Georgia Wrongful Death"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."