When the front of one vehicle collides into the side of another car, it forms a “T” and is known as a T-bone collision. Because the side of the car can’t absorb as much impact as can the front and rear crumple zones, these types of accidents often cause severe injuries to the occupants. This is because they are left to absorb the force of the wreck, especially when they are positioned on the side the vehicle was hit on. Some of the types of T-bone injuries include:
- Hip and Leg Injuries – When the other vehicle hits the bottom of your door, the door may cave in and hit your hip and leg, resulting in leg fractures, lacerations, or a displaced hip.
- Broken Ribs – If the other car strikes the middle of your door, the door may be pushed into your rib cage, crushing or breaking your ribs in the process.
- Arm and Shoulder Injuries – During a side-impact, arms and shoulders often get thrown into the door or the door may crush in and hit the arm. This may result in a broken arm, severed arm, muscle tears, lacerations, broken clavicle, or shoulder dislocation.
- Back and Neck Injuries – In a T-bone crash, a herniated disc, pinched nerve, or sprained or broken back could occur. Also, neck injuries like whiplash or a sprain in the neck are fairly common in broadside collisions.
- Ear and Head Injuries – When the other car hits the upper portion of the door and side window, ear and head injuries are common. Victims may suffer a hearing impairment or head trauma.
- Traumatic Brain Injury – the most common injury that results in a T-bone crash is a traumatic brain injury, which can cause permanent injuries or fatalities.
If you suffered any of the above injuries in a side-impact crash in Georgia, please call the Law Offices of Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999 to speak with a skilled Atlanta injury lawyer for a complimentary case consultation today.
1 Comments to "Types of Injuries That Occur in Atlanta T-Bone Accidents"
Don't try to hurry through or run changing lights, it could save a life!
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Types of Injuries That Occur in Atlanta T-Bone Accidents"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."