After a car accident, be cautious when dealing with an insurance adjuster, as they use many tactics in an attempt to pay as little as possible for your injuries. The best way to prepare is to consult with a car accident attorney inAtlanta. A lawyer can explain the tactics that may be used to try to diminish or deny your claim and what you should do when this occurs.
The following are some helpful tips on how to deal with an insurance adjuster:
- Do not offer information that is not necessary (such as how you think the accident might have happened or who you think was at fault);
- never say outright that you were at fault or even insinuate it;
- do not minimize or exaggerate your injuries;
- do not allow your statements to be recorded;
- never sign papers that allow them access to your medical records;
- do not agree to a settlement without seeking legal counsel first; and
- do not say that you do not need a lawyer.
Remember that the insurance adjuster is not looking out for your best interests. If he or she can deny your claim or minimize compensation, they will do everything they can to make that happen.
Providing the Legal Help You Need after a Serious Injury Accident
The best way to deal with an insurance adjuster is to first speak with an attorney. They can speak with the insurance company on your behalf so that nothing you say or do is used against you.
To learn more about your rights and what you can do to protect your case, request one of Shane Smith’s books: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. These books provide valuable tips from a car accident attorney inAtlanta and are available free of charge toGeorgia accident victims and their families. Contact our offices at 404-513-5415.