Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 742-6352
Phone: (770) 487-8999 x32
Law Offices of Shane Smith

Contact Us

Get help now! Please fill out the quick contact form below for a fast and free case consultation. We will contact you within 24 hours!

I was a passenger in a car driven by an Atlanta drunk driver, and I was injured when he crashed into another vehicle. Can I sue him for the injuries I sustained in the Atlanta drunk driving crash?


Yes, you can.  If you were injured in an Atlanta drunk driving crash, you may sue the driver even if you were a passenger in his vehicle. However, there may be some allocation of fault to you for making the choice to get into a motor vehicle driven by somebody who was intoxicated.  Still,if the driver's intoxication caused him to drive in such a fashion that he was negligent and failed to use reasonable care and you were injured as a result of his negligence, then Georgia law allows you to make a car crash injury claim against the driver. This is also true, if the injury victim is a teenager who chose to ride with an intoxicated friend.

Shane Smith
Advocate for the Seriously Injured in Georgia