When an accident of this magnitude occurs, serious injuries often are the result of head-on collisions. As an Atlanta DUI victim, you have rights to seek financial compensation by pursuing a personal injury claim against the negligent driver.
When you decide to file a claim for damages against the other driver and his insurance company, you need to be prepared with an amount of compensation that you are warranted and feel your case is worth. You can do this by talking with an experienced Atlanta DUI victim attorney.
A skilled attorney will know what factors to consider in determining your case worth. Some of the determining value will hinge on the following:
- Type of injury
- Seriousness of the injury
- If the injury is disabling
- Medical expenses related to your injury
- Future medical bills for ongoing care
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Lost income the injury caused
- Diminished earning capacity
- If the injury requires in-home care
- If the home needs modifications for a disabling injury
Additionally, an attorney skilled in this area of the law will review past jury verdicts to determine what cases similar to yours have received in compensation. Your case will be separate from your passenger’s case, as you both sustained different injuries in the wreck.
To make sure you get the best compensation possible after a DUI crash has left you with serious injuries, call an Atlanta DUI victim lawyer at the Law Offices of Shane Smith today at 770-HURT-999 or (866) 979-1629. We will gladly offer you a free consultation to discuss your case.