ADrunk driver accidents can take a heavy toll on victims; however, an Atlanta personal injury attorney can guide you into taking the appropriate steps to pursue a claim that is full and fair.
For starters, follow these 5 steps to protect your case:
- notify your insurance company of the accident in a timely fashion, but after you have been treated for your injuries;
- seek medical treatment for all of your injuries and follow all doctor’s orders – if you don’t, the defendant’s attorney most likely will charge that your injuries are not serious and that you don’t need all the damages that you are claiming;
- gather copies of all pertinent documents – a copy of the police report, of your medical records, medical expenses, contact information of any potential witnesses, and paystubs that indicate how much you have lost in wages;
- write down everything that you remember about the accident and include all facts you can recall – what time it was, where you were going, which direction you were driving in, what section of the road or highway your vehicle occupied, the events as they transpired, and any conversations you had with the other driver; and
- reach out to a legal team in Atlanta who has handled accidents and claims like yours.
If you have been injured in one of the countless drunk driver accidents that claim hundred of lives each year in Atlanta, speak to a law firm that can help. By pursuing compensation for your damages and injuries, you have the chance of recovering your losses and staying financially afloat while you recuperate.
Contact Atlanta Personal Injury Attorney
Accidents can leave behind severe damage, and afterwards, you and your family may be dealing with the grief of serious injury, loss of a loved one, and financial burdens. During this difficult time it’s easy to get frustrated with your situation – you didn’t deserve to suffer due to the negligence of another!
The personal injury claims lawyers at The Law Offices of Shane Smith are lawyers that get it; we know the frustration our clients are experiencing when dealing with insurance companies.
Many of our clients don’t know how to hire a lawyer, so we offer 2 FREE guides, I Was Hit By a Drunk Driver: What Do I Do Next? and 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case. Our guides contain valuable information on filing a lawsuit after car accidents caused by drunk drivers, drunk driving accident statistics, and how an attorney can help. When you’re ready to get started on your claim, contact an attorney to set up a FREE consultation – 770-487-8999.