As a Peachtree City DUI accident victim, there are many things that you will need to do following a car crash that was caused by a drunk driver. At the Law Offices of Shane Smith, we have helped many victims of drunk driving accidents in Georgia and have put together this list to help you during such a difficult time.
- Call 911 and file an accident report
- Seek medical attention
- Report the accident to your insurance company
- Contact your employer about disability leave, sick time, or other benefits
- Seek out a good friend or relative who can help you plan for your own personal care and child care needs
- Learn about your physical injuries and limitations
- Get estimates for adjustments that may need to be made to accommodate your injuries inside your home
- Talk to a counselor about your new injuries and emotions related to the accident
- Learn about civil justice solutions, punitive damages, and criminal proceedings
- Contact the District Attorney’s Office about drunk driver criminal charges
- Talk to a personal injury lawyer to pursue a civil claim
Georgia accident attorney Shane Smith can help you with these things so that you can focus on your health and recovery. Call a skilled injury lawyer today so that our law firm can get started investigating your case, preserving critical evidence, and helping you establish a strong claim. You can get answers to your legal questions by calling 770-HURT-999 and receiving a free consultation with an accident attorney today.