Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 742-6352
Phone: (770) 487-8999 x32
Law Offices of Shane Smith

Contact Us

Get help now! Please fill out the quick contact form below for a fast and free case consultation. We will contact you within 24 hours!

Who can file a Georgia wrongful death claim?


In Georgia, the surviving spouse may file a wrongful death claim.  If there are children, the surviving spouse must share any recovery equally with the surviving children. If there is no surviving spouse, the children of the deceased may file the claim.  If there is neither a surviving spouse nor surviving children, the parents of the deceased may pursue a wrongful death claim.  If the deceased had no spouse, no surviving children, and no surviving parents, the administrator of his estate may sue on behalf of the estate.
To learn if you are eligible to file a wrongful death claim for the loss of your loved one, contact Atlanta wrongful death attorney Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999.

Shane Smith
Advocate for the Seriously Injured in Georgia