Sports can be an excellent way to stay active and healthy, but also can present participants with the risk of injury. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, sports injuries victims may be able to file a claim for any losses incurred. Sport injuries can range from minor annoyances such as cuts or bruises to more serious injuries that could result in long term medical complications. Anyone who has sustained a sports injury should be certain to consult with an experienced sports injury attorney as soon as possible to retain legal representation. The attorneys of the Law Offices of Shane Smith are dedicated to helping sports injury victims recover the highest possible settlement or award. We fight hard for our clients, and have the legal skill and experience required to bring their cases to a successful resolution.
Fortunately for athletes, there are definite steps that you can take in order to reduce your risk of sustaining an injury while playing sports. These include:
- Wear protective gear – wearing protective gear, such as helmets or protective eyewear, can help reduce your risk of sustaining an injury while playing sports. Be sure to wear well-fitting gear, and also gear that is appropriate to your sport.
- Warm up and cool down – Warming up and stretching can help your body get ready for physical activity, reducing the risk of injuries such as sprains and pulled muscles.
- Know the rules of the game – By knowing the rules of the game you are playing, you can reduce the risk of accidents such as unintentional collisions.
- Watch for others – Be aware of other participants, and communicate your intentions with members of your own team.
- Don’t play while injured – It is extremely important to let injuries fully heal before participating in sports again. Playing while injured can exacerbate existing injuries causing further medical complications.
Contact a Corinth personal injury lawyer for a free consultation
If you or a loved one has sustained a sports injury, you may be entitled to substantial compensation. In order to schedule a free consultation with one of our Corinth personal injury attorneys, call us today at (770) 487-8999.