For many of us who still sometimes miss the old rolls of film that once played a major role in photography, Instagram’s success at providing a platform that allows people to instantly share new photos seems nothing short of amazing. At present, according to an article featured in Fortune magazine’s July 21, 2014 issue, “Instagram’s users share 60 million photos a day and have shared more than 20 billion total.”
It’s really accurate to say that Instagram has spawned a powerful new form of visual communication. “Just as Kodak’s invention of a roll of film made it easy for almost anyone to take photographs a century ago, Instagram’s invention of a social feed paired with easy-to-use editing tools makes everyone capable of creating and sharing nuanced, edited pictures today.” Of course, not everyone finds it as easy to use Instagram as an old Kodak or Brownie camera – yet enough younger people are around who are willing to help others make the transition.
Additional facts regarding this groundbreaking company are shared below.
More of the Who, What, When, Where, and Why Concerning Instagram
- The company was founded by two Stanford graduates, Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger;
- You can obtain a copy of this “App” or application for free “in the Apple App Store and the Google Play store;”
- What motivated the two co-founders of Instagram to come up with this new approach to sharing photographs? There were many reasons, although one of the main ones was that they loved the challenge of creating something that would be like a combination telegram and snapshot;
- How exactly does Instagram describe its service or program? “Instagram is a fun and quirky way to share your life with friends through a series of pictures. Snap a photo with your mobile phone, then choose a filter to transform the image into a memory to keep around forever.” Stated more simply, “It’s a free photo-sharing application for smart phones;”
- Who (or what company) bought Instagram from its co-founders? Facebook bought Instagram for $1 billion dollars when the company was only about 18 months old. In fact, one British article detailing the amazing history of Instagram is entitled, “Instacash: The Nerds Who Made a Billion in 551 Days from a Camera App;”
- In what year was Instagram founded? The year was 2009;
- How is Instagram likely to change in the future? There are already some new ways to use the service and others are in the works. Although a few reviewers have dismissed it, Instagram is rather pleased with its private messaging service that’s now been launched. During one early month of 2014, according to the same Fortune magazine article already referenced above, about 4.5 million people, “or 25% of Instagram’s users, sent or received a direct message [using this new] service.”
To obtain help with handling all of your Georgia business planning needs, please contact the Law Offices of Shane Smith today. You can schedule your free initial consultation with a knowledgeable Peachtree City estate planning attorney by calling: (770) 487-8999.