Construction sites can be very unstable. In fact, thousands of construction workers suffer injuries on the job every year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, construction workers are not the only people at risk of injury near construction sites. Motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians all may suffer injury in accident while passing by a construction site. If the accident occurred because the construction workers or company were negligent, the accident victim may hold them accountable for their actions and recover for any injuries sustained by filing a personal injury lawsuit. If you believe you may have a personal injury case, you should contact an experienced Fayette County PI attorney as soon as possible for a free consultation.
Common accidents that may occur near construction sites include:
- Pedestrians, bicyclists, or motor vehicles struck by falling objects or tools
- Slip and fall accidents due to debris or other hazards left on the sidewalk
- Injuries caused by ground or trench collapses
- Electrocutions if someone comes in contact with an ungrounded wire or unfinished electrical system
- Motor vehicle accidents with large piece of construction equipment or other construction vehicles
- Falls into open manhole covers or other holes in the ground that do not have proper warning
Some of these accidents may cause severe injuries and may significantly affect your life. However, if you are in an accident around a construction site, determining the correct party to sue for personal injury may be complicated. Furthermore, proving that the party was negligent in causing the accident may be even more difficult, especially if the injury occurred after work hours. For these reasons, you always want to consult with a personal injury lawyer for help to ensure you receive proper compensation for your injuries.
Georgia has a strict statute of limitations for personal injury cases, which means you only have a limited amount of time to file your claim. Therefore, you should call the Law Offices of Shane Smith as soon as possible after your accident at (770) 487-8999.