Do you believe your Georgia car accident was a result of an automotive safety defect? Or did a part of the vehicle malfunction and cause you to crash? Unfortunately, many people get injured in auto accidents every year due to defects in manufacturing and design.
If you think that your car accident stemmed from an automotive defect, it is important to identify if a vehicle defect did, in fact, play a role in your injuries. While this may sound complicated and overwhelming, an experienced Fayette County personal injury lawyer can help you identify the defect and hold the manufacturer liable for your injuries and damages.
Some of the vehicle safety product liability cases the Law Offices of Shane Smith can help with include:
- Airbag defects and failures – Exploding airbags with shrapnel have caused needless injuries to drivers and passengers and increase the chances of crashing. Additionally, when airbags fail to deploy, occupants can suffer greater head and neck injuries.
- Seat belt defects and failures – If a design flaw causes excessive force or fails to restrain an occupant, serious injuries or death can result.
- Tire defects – When tires are defective, it can cause a rollover accident, serious injuries, and death.
- Roof crush failures – When rollover accidents occur, roofs are supposed to support the weight of the vehicle; however, roofs fail and cave in, causing crush injuries, paralysis, or even death.
- Fuel system failures – If the design of the vehicle’s fuel system is poor, a car can catch on fire and explode.
- Brake defects – When brake systems are poorly designed or installed, brakes can suddenly fail and cause a Georgia auto accident.
- Acceleration defects – When a car suddenly goes forward or backwards, a problem with the acceleration system may be to blame.
While car manufacturers are supposed to test vehicles and their parts and systems to make sure they will keep occupants safe, mistakes occur in the design and manufacturing process that can cause needless car crashes, injuries, and death. Sadly, countless people are injured and disfigured every year in motor vehicle accidents, and many of these injuries are due to vehicle design defects.
If you were injured, or if you lost a loved one due to a defective vehicle, you may be entitled to some of the following damages for your physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, medical expenses, loss of the enjoyment of life, diminished earning capacity, lost wages, funeral expenses, loss of companionship, and more.
For help seeking justice against a large vehicle manufacture, turn to a knowledgeable Peachtree City accident attorney at the Law Offices of Shane Smith at (770) 487-8999 for a free consultation today.