According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were 126,438 unintentional injury deaths in 2010; this was the fifth highest cause of death in the United States. By comparison, there were 33,783 auto accident deaths.
Georgia wrongful death attorney Shane Smith can help a victim's family receive compensation for their loss.
The following statistics are contained within the CDC's statistics regarding accidental deaths:
- Georgia sustained $1.5 billion in costs for auto accidents and wrongful death claims in 2005.
- Georgia had the fourth highest costs and damages from medical expenses and lost wages arising from preventable accidents among all the states.
- Each year in the United States there are losses of approximately $41 million for car accident personal injury claims and wrongful death claims.
- Death from accidents is the fifth highest cause of death in the United States.
- There are over 120,000 deaths from accidents in the United States each year.
- There are approximately 26,000 deaths from falls in the United States each year.
- There are over 33,000 deaths from auto accidents in the United States each year.
If a death is caused by the negligence of another then the decedent's family may be entitled to legal relief through a wrongful death lawsuit. You should hire an experienced Clayton County wrongful death attorney if you will file a lawsuit on behalf of a family member who died due to another's negligence. Call the Law Offices of Shane Smith for a free consultation.