Accident victims should understand the basic issues covered in personal injury law and what it can protect. Personal injury lawyers can protect victims' rights and help them receive compensation for their injuries.
Consulting a Clayton County attorney after an accident enhances a victim's ability to receive a reasonable settlement. If you have been injured in an accident you should discuss your case with a personal injury attorney at the Law Offices of Shane Smith.
Not all personal injury claims require legal action. However, an experienced Clayton County personal injury lawyer can be beneficial if a lawsuit is necessary. An attorney can negotiate a reasonable settlement with insurance representatives or, if necessary, take a case to trial.
According to the American Bar Association a lawsuit should be filed in a personal injury dispute if any of the following questions are answered affirmatively:
- Is there a dispute about who is at fault?
- Was someone seriously injured in the accident?
- Was the accident caused by someone without insurance?
- Will the injuries sustained in the accident require ongoing medical treatment?
- Did the injuries sustained in the accident cause the victim to miss work?
Personal injury law includes a varied array of injuries and claims including:
- Auto accidents
- DUI accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
- Premises liability/slip-and-fall accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
If you or someone you know has been hurt in an accident meet with a Clayton County personal injury lawyer. Call the Law Offices of Shane Smith to schedule a free legal consultation.