Thousands of people suffer from accidental injuries every day. Resulting injuries can range anywhere from superficial abrasions to death. Even if your injury initially seems minor, there could be repercussions for weeks or months, and your injury could cost you money paid for medical treatment or in lost wages if you had to miss work.
A Fayette County personal injury attorney can help you get reimbursed for medical expenses, lost wages, and for any physical or mental pain and suffering. Even if your injury is not severe, if either unsafe conditions or another person was responsible for your accident, you can likely recover.
Common causes of accidents include:
- Highway accidents due to road conditions.
- Road accidents involving the carelessness of a driver.
- Slip and fall incidents due to unsafe floor conditions.
- Work-related incidents.
- Injuries received due to a defective product.
- Injuries received while on personal or private property.
- Assault and physical attacks.
You may be able to recover damages for more than merely out-of-pocket medical bills. Other possible recoverable injuries include:
- Loss of income.
- Present or future life enjoyment.
- Present or future ability to work.
- Replacement of personal property.
- Mental defects, temporary or permanent.
- Emotional distress as a result of your injury such as stress, anxiety or depression.
There are many factors to determine when you suffer an accidental injury, such as the exact cause of the accident, who was at fault, and the many types of injuries you may suffer. Calling Fayette County personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Shane Smith to assist you to make certain you completely recover for your injuries and do not overlook anything.