Bicycle riding is an extremely efficient and healthy way to commute from place to place enjoyed by millions of Americans every day. Unfortunately, bicycling also can increase a person’s risk of being involved in an injury-causing accident, particularly in more urban areas. When people are injured in bicycle accidents caused by driver negligence, they may be able to recover for their injuries through a Georgia personal injury lawsuit. The best way to maximize your chances of recovering for your injuries after a bicycle accident is to consult with an experienced Fayette County personal injury attorney as soon as possible after an accident. It is important for victims to be aware that there is a limited amount of time in which a person can bring a personal injury claim, so any delay could jeopardize your ability to recover.
In an effort to increase the bicyclists’ overall safety, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA) and AAA have partnered together in the “Be a Roll Model” campaign, encouraging everyone on the roadways to help increase bicyclist safety. Some of the advice the agency offers includes:
- Always drive and ride focused on what you are doing, and avoid distractions
- Drivers and riders should always be prepared for the unexpected
- Always put safety first – this means always wearing a seat belt while driving and wearing a helmet when riding
- Follow the rules of the road. Both bicyclists and motorists share responsibility to follow all traffic laws.
- Share the road. Motorists and bicyclists should both be aware of each other and share the road respectfully.
Even under the best of condition, accidents are bound to happen. In the unfortunate even that you or a family member is involved in an accident, be sure to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Contact a Fayette County personal injury attorney for a free consultation
If you or a loved one have been injured in a bicycle accident, you may be eligible to substantial compensation. Our experienced personal injury lawyers are available for free consultations, and are dedicated to helping our clients get the compensation they deserve.
Call our office today at (770) 487-8999 to schedule an appoint with one of our attorneys.