Motor vehicles are an important part of daily life for most people in this country. Not only are these large consumer products incredibly complicated pieces of engineering, but they are the only layer of protection between us and the many hazards that we face every day while driving, including other vehicles. Because of this, we expect our vehicles to be as absolutely safe as possible, and we expect both the government and automobile companies to do their best to keep us safe through voluntary and mandatory safety recalls of automobiles and their parts.
However, recalls are no substitute for abiding by consumer rules and laws, adequate research into safe production methods, and the proper manufacture of automobiles and automobile-related items. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury from an accident related to a recently recalled automobile or automobile-related product, you might be entitled to recovery by bringing a Georgia auto accident claim. The best way to get the compensation you deserve is to schedule a consultation with the experienced Peachtree City auto accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Shane Smith as soon as possible.
What Automobiles and Automobile-Related Parts Have Been Recently Recalled?
Some of the recent automobiles and automobile-related parts that have been recalled are:
- General Motors has recalled 2005-2007 Chevrolet Cobalts and Pontiac G5s because the engine can unexpectedly shutdown and cause a crash.
- Toyota has recalled Priuses that were manufactured between March 2009 and February 2014 because of a software glitch that can cause the car to stall.
- Ford has recalled 2013 Ford Escapes because of the risk of engine fires.
- Nissan has recalled Serena minivans, Infiniti M luxury models, and X-trail SUVs for defective sensors that could cause the vehicles to stall.
- Hyundai has recalled 2006-2010 Sonata sedans and 2006-2011 Azera sedans because of issues with corrosion of the rear suspensions.
Contact a Coweta County auto accident attorney for a free consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury related to a recently recalled automobile or automobile-related product, you may be entitled to substantial compensation. To schedule a free consultation with one of our auto accident attorneys, please call our office today at (770) 487-8999.