Gwinnett County Wrongful Death Lawyer Shane Smith Gives Overview of Wrongful Death Claims
Everyday people in Georgia are exposed to risks. These include driving around town, playing sports in recreational leagues and in school, walking as a pedestrian and countless other types of every day activities. The following statistics show just how dangerous the situation is for residents and tourists in Georgia, based on research from the U. S. Department of Justice:
- 9 out of 10 medical malpractice personal injury claims begin due to a life-long disability or wrongful death incident.
- There are almost 40,000 wrongful deaths caused every year due to car crashes.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found a 68 percent increase in the number of deaths from prescription medications.
- Almost 6,000 employees are killed annually on the job, based on statistics from the U. S. Department of Labor.
If you believe a family member has lost their life due to the actions of an at-fault party, a personal injury claim may exist. Call the Law Offices of Shane Smith today to speak with a Grayson wrongful death attorney at (770) 487-8999.
How do wrongful deaths occur?
Listing every cause of a wrongful death would take a book’s length, however, there are some causes you may already know. Causes include:
- Criminal acts leading to a victim’s death
- Over-the-counter or prescription drugs causing death (due to being tainted)
- Traffic Accidents
- Faulty products
- Medical errors
How do I know if my relative’s death qualifies for a wrongful death claim?
There is no black-and-white answer to that. However, if your loved one was owed a duty of care by another person (not getting hit by their car, etc.) and it was breached a wrongful death claim may exist. Talking with a Georgia wrongful death attorney will help you understand if a personal injury claim exists. You will see what damages you may be entitled to and what else Georgia law says regarding your loved one’s deat when you have a meeting with a Gwinnett County wrongful death attorney.