1. Check to see if anyone is injured. Call 911 and report any injuries. Truck accidents usually involve large amounts of damage and injury, so police must be called.
2. If you can, take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries. These will be used by your Atlanta trucking accident attorney to determine how they accident occurred and who is responsible. They will also be used as documentation of the damages you have suffered.
3. See a doctor. The doctor will document your injuries and check for hidden injuries that can cause complications in the future. Many insurance companies require medical documentation of injuries before they will pay damages. Visiting a doctor provides you with documentation.
4. Contact an Atlanta trucking accident attorney. An attorney will represent you and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. He will make sure your claim is protected and will take the trucking company or insurance company to court if necessary to get you a fair settlement.
To learn more about Atlanta trucking accidents, read "The Top Ten Causes Of Atlanta Large Truck Crashes".
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 01/02/2015 Fraudulent Trucking Companies Find Bureaucratic Loopholes
- Posted on 12/18/2014 National Truck Driver Drug and Alcohol Test Database Proposed
- Posted on 12/15/2014 Passengers in Commercial Trucks can cause Distracted Driving
- You are a very good law firm and Shane Smith is a great attorney. I am so happy I chose him as my lawyer. You are the best firm I ever had and if I need a personal injury attorney again, I will call right away! -Lasarah
- I would recommend you to my friends and family because you all handled my case very well without me having to worry about a thing. I have a very strong feeling that I could not have picked a better firm. -Ronnie
- I would recommend the services of the law firm of R. Shane Smith because they worked in my best interests. The firm was very professional and courteous. I am very pleased with the overall quality of service.