Our attorneys recently wrote an article revealing the top five causes of Georgia wrongful death cases; however, there are many causes of wrongful death, including:
- Aviation accidents – Equipment malfunction or failure to follow safety procedures could have caused an airplane accident and the death of your loved one. Airlines could be responsible for wrongful death.
- Boating accidents – Just like car accidents, boaters have been known to get behind the wheel of their boats drunk. If a boating accident claimed your loved due to an intoxicated boater, lack of maintenance, or boat malfunction, you may have a wrongful death case against the boat owner or the manufacturer.
- Truck accidents – Trucking accidents are a little different than auto accidents because trucking companies and truckers have a strict set of rules to follow. If they fail to maintain the truck or follow the hours-of-service rules, weight limits, or other regulations, they may be liable for wrongful death.
- Birth injury – When an infant or a mother dies during childbirth, it could have been caused due to a medical professional’s negligence.
- Premises liability – When a property owner fails to fix a known safety hazard, or fails to cover a pool or gate it, they can be held liable for a drowning or slip-and-fall wrongful death.
If your loved one suffered a wrongful death in Georgia, you and your family need to meet with a skilled Peachtree City wrongful death attorney immediately. The Law Offices of Shane Smith is passionate about helping families who have been harmed, and we can help you make a claim and get the maximum compensation that you are entitled to that will help cover the financial loss your family experienced as a result of your loved one’s death. Please call for a free consultation at (770) 487-8999 today.