When you are not at fault for an accident, there are things you can do that may make the process easier when filing a claim for insurance. Talking with a personal injury law firm in Atlanta may prove helpful, because dealing with the insurance company could prove a challenge in some cases.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2011, there were a total of 2,243,000 persons injured in a traffic crash. Despite the high number of claims that may have been filed in response, each case is unique. But one of the common problems that many run into is the insurance adjuster trying a variety of settlement tactics to diminish or even deny your claim.
Five Things You Should Do When Dealing with Insurance Company
The following are five ways you may make dealing with the insurance company easier:
- contact your own insurance company as soon as you can;
- write down as many details as you can of your conversation with any insurance adjusters;
- provide basic facts you’re sure of, but refrain from sharing too much information at the scene;
- make copies of all documentation, records and paperwork pertaining to the accident and your injuries; and
- take a look at your insurance policy, particularly type and limits of coverage.
Make Your Claim Bulletproof: Get Attorney to Handle Insurance Company
When you are not at fault for an accident, your insurance company may provide coverage in the interim until your case settles. Still, some people run into issues with their, or the other driver’s, insurance company and may require assistance from a personal injury attorney.
Contacting a Personal Injury Law Firm in Atlanta
Whether you were injured on a small, local road in or outside of Atlanta or one of the major highways running through the area, if the other driver was negligent, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact the Law Offices of Shane Smith at 770-487-8999 to learn about your legal rights when you aren’t at fault for an accident.