Years of truck accident statistics show that there are some common types of truck accidents that can result in serious or fatal injuries. Most of these accidents are caused by the following 7 common events:
- Squeeze play – where the truck makes a wide turn, cutting off adjacent traffic and leaving cars with nowhere to merge to avoid a crash.
- Blind spots – where a truck driver fails to account for the vehicle’s blind spots and makes a lane change or turn when another vehicle is in that area.
- Inadequate stopping distance – when a truck driver fails to allow for enough time to apply the brakes to avoid striking another vehicle or stopping abruptly so another vehicle crashes into the truck.
- Underrides – when a smaller vehicle crashes underneath a truck, typically due to the truck making an improper stop.
- Overrides – when a truck fails to stop when approaching another vehicle, the driver may ride over that vehicle and trap it underneath the trailer.
- Jackknife – trucks traveling at high speeds that lose control or make a maneuver too quickly may have the cab fold in on the trailer, locking the wheels and often sending the vehicle into a wide spin.
- Rollover – imbalanced cargo loads or abrupt maneuvers can cause an entire truck to roll over, especially top-heavy vehicles.
One of the reasons that an Atlanta truck accident claim may be more complex than a typical auto accident case is due to the catastrophic nature of these accidents. You also must account for the fact that you may not be filing a claim against the truck driver, but rather the truck company that employs the truck driver.
To give yourself peace of mind and a potential advantage when dealing with truck companies and their insurance, it may be best to have an Atlanta personal injury attorney on your side. They can help you deal with these common truck accidents that often lead to serious damages to you or your loved ones.
Contact an Atlanta Personal Injury Attorney
After a serious or fatal truck accident you and your family may be dealing with the grief of serious injury, loss of a loved one, and financial burdens. During this difficult time it’s easy to get frustrated with your situation – you didn’t deserve to suffer due to the negligence of another!
At Shane Smith Law we know you’re more than just another victim in the truck accident statistics. We help victims of truck accidents seek justice when they suffer serious injury and losses due to negligent drivers. We have helped victims in Atlanta and the surrounding areas file truck accident claims when negligent, drunk or distracted drivers cause serious or fatal crashes.
Before making the decision to hire an Atlanta personal injury attorney, request a copy of our FREE eBooks, I Was Hit By a Drunk Driver: What Do I Do Next? and 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case. Our guides contain valuable information on how to handle filing a claim for serious injuries or wrongful death caused by a negligent driver. When you’re ready to get started on your claim, contact us to set up a FREE consultation – 1-770-487-8999.