You may have already considered filing a lawsuit, but before you proceed, make sure you understand the differences between a DUI injury claim and a normal personal injury claim resulting from an auto accident. Speak with an Atlanta car wreck lawyer who can answer your specific questions about the distinctions.
Not only can DUI accidents be more deadly and devastating than other car crashes, but they also require a different approach.
In auto accident cases, your injuries and damages can be covered up to the limits of the policyholder’s coverage, but if you are filing a lawsuit for a DUI injury claim, you may be awarded punitive damages. These are more rare than the standard general and special damages in personal injury cases, and are reserved for instances in which substance abuse or malfeasance are demonstrated.
This is just one of the many differences that separate a DUI injury claim from those accidents that don’t involve drunk drivers. To learn more about how your case can be handled by a Georgia DUI victim representative, speak with one of our attorneys.
Contact an Atlanta Car Wreck Lawyer about Your DUI Injury Claim
After a serious Georgia accident with a drunk driver, you and your family may be dealing with the grief of serious injury, loss of a loved one, and financial burdens. During this difficult time it’s easy to get frustrated with your situation – you didn’t deserve to suffer due to the negligence of another!
The personal injury lawyers at Shane Smith Law are lawyers who get it; we know the frustration our clients are experiencing when dealing with insurance companies.
Many of our clients don’t know how to hire a lawyer, so we offer 2 FREE guides, I Was Hit By a Drunk Driver: What Do I Do Next? and 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case. Our guides contain valuable information on filing a lawsuit or DUI injury claim for your accident, drunk driver liability, and how an Atlanta car wreck lawyer can help. When you’re ready to get started on your claim, contact us to set up a FREE consultation – 770-487-8999.
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 09/17/2018 DUI Wrongful Death Claims: What You Should Know
- Posted on 09/17/2018 The Deep Emotional Impact of Georgia Drunk Driving Accidents—and Its Role in Personal Injury Cases
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- ?I was a passenger in a drunk driver’s car when an accident happened. How can I get compensation for my injuries? In Pain? Call Shane!
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?