A DUI injury claim can help you recover the funds you need to compensate for the lost income of your loved one, as well as deal with funeral costs, medical bills, emotional trauma, pain and suffering, and loss of consortium.
While no amount of money or gesture can replace what you have lost, the state of Georgia has established a DUI Memorial Fund for the benefit of those lost to drunk driving accidents and to remind drivers to make wise decisions on the road.
The fund is facilitated by the Georgia Crime Victims Compensation Program and will pay for the Department of Transportation to erect a memorial sign in the proximity of the crash site that claimed your loved one.
In order to be eligible, the next of kin must submit an application to the Compensation Program and there must be a charge of vehicular homicide under the Georgia DUI statute on file.
Losing a loved one to a senseless crime like a DUI can leave your family with a gaping hole that no amount of money or memorials can fill, but it adds insult to injury when you and your family are left with unmanageable costs as the result of someone else’s recklessness.
Contact an Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer About a Wrongful Death Claim
After a fatal accident caused by a drunk driver, you and your family may be dealing with the emotional impact and grief of losing a loved one, serious injury, and financial burdens. During this difficult time it’s easy to get frustrated with your situation – you didn’t deserve to suffer due to the negligence of another!
The personal injury lawyers at The Law Offices of Shane Smith are lawyers who get it; we know the frustration our clients are experiencing when dealing with insurance companies while also greiving the loss of a loved one.
Many of our clients don’t know how to hire a lawyer, so we offer 2 FREE guides, I Was Hit By a Drunk Driver: What Do I Do Next? and 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case. Our guides contain valuable information about suing for a car accident lawsuit settlement amount, how to protect your wrongful death claim, and how an Atlanta personal injury lawyer can help. When you’re ready to get started on your claim or have questions, contact us to set up a FREE consultation – 770-487-8999.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 09/17/2018 DUI Wrongful Death Claims: What You Should Know
- Posted on 09/17/2018 The Deep Emotional Impact of Georgia Drunk Driving Accidents—and Its Role in Personal Injury Cases
- Posted on 09/17/2018 Understanding How the Criminal Process Works in Georgia Drunk Driving Accident Cases
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?
- ?I understand I can file a lawsuit against a drunk driver who injured me, but will criminal punishment happen too?