The Atlanta car wreck occurred around 2:40 p.m. on Sunday, August 22.
Katherine Jackson was driving north on I-285 near the exit for Martin Luther King Jr. Drive SW when she lost control of her vehicle and struck the median. The impact caused the vehicle to roll.
All four people in Jackson's vehicle were injured, but in stable condition. However, both Jackson and a child in the rear seat suffered serious injuries. Jackson is at risk of losing vision in one eye.
Eye injuries are common in car accidents. Many are caused by flying debris, but you may be surprised to learn that eye injuries are also caused by airbags.
Airbag eye injuries can cause partial or total blindness. The damage may be temporary or permanent. There appears to be a greater risk for injury for children and women and both drivers and passengers are at risk for eye injuries from air bags.
If you are in an accident and you suffer an eye injury from an air bag you may have grounds for seeking damages from the car manufacturer. To learn more, contact Atlanta accident attorney Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999.
When you call, request your free copy of Shane Smith’s book, “10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case.”
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- Posted on 07/30/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part IV
- Posted on 07/29/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part III
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.