If your accident was caused by another driver, you are entitled to payment for the repair or replacement of any property damaged in the accident. This not only includes the damage to your car, but also the damage to your clothes, to your eyeglasses, to your cell phone or other personal property.
If your property can be repaired, you are entitled to the cost of repairs as well as compensation for any decline in value after the repairs. If your property cannot be repaired, you may be reimbursed its cash value before the accident.
Your property damage claim should be paid by the insurance company of the person who caused the accident. If you have been injured, your Atlanta accident attorney will include the value of your damaged property in the total value of your claim.
If you have not been injured, and your accident involved only property damage, you can settle directly with the insurance adjustor. To make sure the payment you receive is fair, you can determine the value of your possessions using Kelly Blue Book values (for cars) and on-line auction sites such as eBay.
For more information, download Atlanta accident attorney Shane Smith's free guide: "Property Damage Guide For Georgia."
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 06/28/2021 Georgia Car Accident Statistics | In Pain? Call Shane!
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- ?Does Georgia law require that I total my vehicle if the insurance company wants me to after a car accident?
- ?My teenage son doesn’t seem too concerned that texting while driving can lead to a crash in Georgia. How can I get through to him?
- ?What types of damages are available to injured passengers?