The children's back injuries may have been prevented if they had been wearing seat belts. Many parents wonder, "Why don't school busses have seat belts?"
School officials say that the compartmentalization of school busses makes them safer than other vehicles.
The National Coalition for School Bus Safety works to improve school bus safety. They are the nation's largest advocate for seat belts on school buses. They say that compartmentalization only protects children in head-on collisions, but does offer protection in roll-over, side-impact and rear-end crashes. seat belts are on school buses have been endorsed by the American Medical Association, American Academy of Pediatrics, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American College of Preventative Medicine, Physicians for Automotive Safety, and Center for Auto Safety.
School bus design has not changed in more than 30 years. We know a lot more about safety now. Doesn't it seem like it is time for an update?
To learn more about school bus accidents, read the article "Tips To Prevent Georgia School Bus Accidents And Injury" from Atlanta accident attorney Shane Smith.
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 06/28/2021 Georgia Car Accident Statistics | In Pain? Call Shane!
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- ?Does Georgia law require that I total my vehicle if the insurance company wants me to after a car accident?
- ?My teenage son doesn’t seem too concerned that texting while driving can lead to a crash in Georgia. How can I get through to him?
- ?What types of damages are available to injured passengers?