Nationally, pedestrian accidents account for 12 percent of traffic deaths.
Experts believe that the increase may be attributed to an increase in the number of pedestrians. As fuel costs rise, more people are walking in order to save gas and money. People are also walking in order to improve their health.
Another factor that may contribute to an increase in pedestrian accidents is distraction. Distracted driving rates are increasing, but distracted walkers may also be to blame. A pedestrian who is listening to music, texting or talking on a cell phone may not notice dangerous situations.
The third factor that contributes to pedestrian death is intoxication. More than one half of pedestrians who died in traffic accidents in 2010 were under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
In 2009, Georgia was ranked sixth in the United States for the number of pedestrian accidents.
If you or your loved one has been injured in Georgia pedestrian accident, an Atlanta personal injury attorney may be able to help you get compensation for your injuries. Contact the Law Offices of Shane smith at 777-HURT-999 to schedule a free legal consultation.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 12/17/2014 Gwinnett County Police Report Increase in Pedestrian Deaths
- Posted on 12/13/2014 Peachtree City Trick-or-Treaters are at Risk for Pedestrian Accidents
- Posted on 12/10/2014 Failure to Yield to Pedestrian Results in Injury for University of Georgia Student
- I was treated very well at Shane Smith's law firm. Every time I called I was informed on everything about my case without asking. I love your firm! -Jasmine
- I really enjoyed working and speaking with my case manager, Shirley. She was a great help in my treatment process. I was always informed about my case. She always returned my phone calls within a day and explained everything clearly. I am very pleased with the care and compassion I received while being a client of the Law Offices of Shane Smith. Destiny