Car accidents are one of the leading causes of facial trauma, and the costs of facial damage and disfigurement that can result from car crashes caused by drunk drivers can be tremendous.
In the case of 20-year-old Jacqueline Saburido, a Venezuelan exchange student who survived an accident caused by a drunk driver in Texas, she lost her vision, eyelids, lips, nose, ears, hair, and partial use of her hands when she suffered severe burns after being trapped beneath a smoldering vehicle. She has undergone about 100 procedures at an estimate $5 million in costs and she doesn’t have health insurance.
Although not all car crashes caused by drunk drivers result in facial trauma as profound as Saburido’s, it’s a chilling reminder of the impact an accident with a drunk driver can have, both financially and emotionally. Costs can range drastically, but many injuries to the face are complex enough that they require multiple surgeries, which can mean multiple hospital stays and additional fees.
Contacting an Auto Accident Compensation Attorney
After a serious accident by a drunk driver, you and your family may be dealing with the grief of serious injury, loss of a loved one, and financial burdens. During this difficult time it’s easy to get frustrated with your situation – you didn’t deserve to suffer due to the negligence of another!
The personal injury lawyers at Shane Smith Law are lawyers that get it; we know the frustration our clients are experiencing when dealing with insurance companies.
Many of our clients don’t know how to hire a lawyer, so we offer 2 FREE guides, I Was Hit By a Drunk Driver: What Do I Do Next? and 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case. Our guides contain valuable information on filing a lawsuit after car crashes caused by drunk drivers, drunk driving accident statistics, and how an attorney can help. When you’re ready to get started on your claim, contact a car accident attorney in Atlanta to set up a FREE consultation – 770-487-8999.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 09/17/2018 DUI Wrongful Death Claims: What You Should Know
- Posted on 09/17/2018 The Deep Emotional Impact of Georgia Drunk Driving Accidents—and Its Role in Personal Injury Cases
- Posted on 09/17/2018 Understanding How the Criminal Process Works in Georgia Drunk Driving Accident Cases
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?
- ?I understand I can file a lawsuit against a drunk driver who injured me, but will criminal punishment happen too?