First remember the insurance adjuter's job is to settle your case for as little as possble. Every dollar they save is a dollar more for their company. For a full explanation of why you shouldn't do this, read my full article here.
The short listis:
Using your words against you in court later
Using the fact that you said you were doing okay to say you were not hurt
Saying that you didn't mention an injury on there for they wont pay
Twisting your words around
Short example - before he was a client - he gave the adjuster a statment where he said he had drank a beer before the wreck. The officer didn't think my client was drunk, the officer tested my client and he wasn't drunk. My client didn't think he was drunk. The insurance company tried to blame my client for the car accident because he had a beer at his friends house and their insured drove into his car after running a stop sign.
Short Advice - Don't give a recorded statement
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- Posted on 07/30/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part IV
- Posted on 07/29/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part III
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.