The insurance company's use the recorded statement to look for any reason to deny your claim. They want to try and get you to say that you were going a certain speed. After you are on tape, they will check to see if the speed limit was less than what you said. They want to get you to say what hurts, and then deny paying for any injury you forgot to list. Maybe they can get you to say you took a prescription drug earlier in the day or that you answered your cell phone. All of these are things they do to look for a reason to deny your claim.
Atlanta car wreck lawyer Shane Smith advises you to call and discuss your accident with him prior to giving a recorded statement. He has handled hundreds of car accident cases in Atlanta and Georgia. Let him go over the likely questions with you prior to the statement if you are going to give one. A few minutes could keep you from getting a denial letter or from complicating and delaying payment on your case.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- Posted on 07/30/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part IV
- Posted on 07/29/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part III
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.