1. Remember, no matter how friendly he seems, the insurance adjuster is not your friend. His goal is to save his company money.
2. The insurance adjuster may pressure you to settle your claim early. Never settle before you know the full extent of your medical bills.
3. Never agree to a recorded statement. Insurance companies may use what you say as evidence that you are not as injured as you claim. Learn more in our article, "Ask a Fulton County Car Crash Attorney: Should I Give A Recorded Statement To The Car Insurance Company?"
4. See a lawyer. Georgia injury victims who hire an attorney receive an average settlement that is three times larger than that received by victims who represent themselves. To schedule a free consultation, contact Shane Smith Law at 770-HURT-999.
5. Don't sign anything or agree to a settlement until you've talked to an Atlanta car wreck attorney. You don't want to give up any of your rights. To learn about common mistakes made by accident victims, request a free copy of Shane Smith's book, 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case.
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 06/28/2021 Georgia Car Accident Statistics | In Pain? Call Shane!
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- ?Does Georgia law require that I total my vehicle if the insurance company wants me to after a car accident?
- ?My teenage son doesn’t seem too concerned that texting while driving can lead to a crash in Georgia. How can I get through to him?
- ?What types of damages are available to injured passengers?