You should be seen by a doctor even if you aren't sure that you sustained an injury. The reason is that many car crash injuries don't show serious symptoms right away and the shock from an accident can mask symptoms of a serious injury.
The first responders at the scene will probably encourage you to get checked out. They have instances of people who seem fine, but end up dying from severe injuries. Listen to them. If you can't go the emergency room immediately, make an appointment to see your own doctor the next day.
If you have a few aches and pains, you might think it's better to wait and see if the pain gets better on its own. A headache may be stress or it may be an early symptom of a brain injury. An achy chest can be a sign of lung injury. A stiff neck and sore shoulders may be symptoms of whiplash. While whiplash doesn't sound serious, it can cause chronic pain if left untreated.
For more advice about what to do after a Atlanta drunk driving car crash, download Atlanta DUI attorney Shane Smith's free book: "10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case."
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 09/17/2018 DUI Wrongful Death Claims: What You Should Know
- Posted on 09/17/2018 The Deep Emotional Impact of Georgia Drunk Driving Accidents—and Its Role in Personal Injury Cases
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- ?I was a passenger in a drunk driver’s car when an accident happened. How can I get compensation for my injuries? In Pain? Call Shane!
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?