Is it alright to be angry at the drunk driver who hit me?
My answer -as an Atlanta DUI victims advocate - is that it is perectly normal to be angry at the drunk driver who caused your car accident. Unlike normal car accidents, a drunk driver chooses to drink and drive. There are a huge amount of resources for people in Atlanta who find themselves drunker than they thought. If someone chooses to drink and drive - they choose to endanger your life and that of anyone else on the road.
Anger is normal in these types of cases. It is also normal to feel sorry for the person. Either emotion happens to people who were hit by drunk drivers. It is even normal to go from one to the other, and back again. Just don't expect the criminal drunk driving case to bring you justice or even the local victims rights groups. If you want justice and closure or even an appropriate punishment find out why the civil court case is the best chance for justice against a drunk driver .
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 09/17/2018 DUI Wrongful Death Claims: What You Should Know
- Posted on 09/17/2018 The Deep Emotional Impact of Georgia Drunk Driving Accidents—and Its Role in Personal Injury Cases
- Posted on 09/17/2018 Understanding How the Criminal Process Works in Georgia Drunk Driving Accident Cases
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?
- ?I understand I can file a lawsuit against a drunk driver who injured me, but will criminal punishment happen too?