The following are some more common causes for truck driver liability in an Atlanta truck accident:
- unsafe driving during poor weather conditions;
- violation of hours behind the wheel, leading to driver fatigue;
- unsafe passing;
- drug or alcohol impairment; and
- improper loading of truck (unsecured, hazardous material, unbalanced).
You may be able to prove that the driver was negligent through various types of evidence, such as:
- obtaining his or her logbook (this keeps track of the number of hours a truck driver has been on the road);
- their driving record;
- statements from witnesses; or
- the accident report.
It is best to gather as much adequate evidence as possible to substantiate your claim of truck driver negligence or if there may be other liable parties involved in your Atlanta truck accident.
After You’ve Been Injured in an Atlanta Truck Accident, Call an Attorney
When you or someone you love has sustained serious injuries caused by someone else’s negligence in an Atlanta truck accident, you should know what your rights are. The law offices of Shane Smith can provide you with valuable tips on how to protect your case, free of charge including: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).