3 Defenses to Watch Out for When Filing a Truck Accident Claim
A defense that may be used by the driver is that you had an assumption of risk. In other words, you were acting in a manner in which you had awareness of the inherent danger.
For instance, let’s say it was discovered that your brakes were faulty at the time of the accident but you previously knew something was wrong with them. Despite the driver’s negligence it may be argued that your inability to stop was a risk you assumed.
Another defense that may be used is that you were either just as much at fault for the accident or you were even more at fault. They may try to blame your injuries on your own actions.
Finally, they may try to argue that your injuries were not directly caused by the accident. If you had a prior injury from another accident, it may be used against you. Understand that your claim for compensation may involve more than the driver and that you deserve justice and compensation from all parties they may be held accountable for the injuries you sustained.
After You’ve Been Injured in an Atlanta Truck Accident, Call an Attorney
When you or someone you love has sustained serious injuries caused by someone else’s negligence in an Atlanta truck accident, you should know what your rights are. Shane Smith Law can provide you with valuable tips on how to protect your case, free of charge including: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 08/16/2021 Can Truck Drivers use Radar Detectors?
- Posted on 08/16/2021 Required Signage on Commercial Trucks
- Posted on 07/22/2021 Federal Regulations Regarding Parking a HAZMAT Truck
- You are a very good law firm and Shane Smith is a great attorney. I am so happy I chose him as my lawyer. You are the best firm I ever had and if I need a personal injury attorney again, I will call right away! -Lasarah
- I would recommend you to my friends and family because you all handled my case very well without me having to worry about a thing. I have a very strong feeling that I could not have picked a better firm. -Ronnie
- I would recommend the services of the law firm of R. Shane Smith because they worked in my best interests. The firm was very professional and courteous. I am very pleased with the overall quality of service.