After a car accident, injuries may be severe, disabling or life-threatening, especially if a truck was involved. When you believe the truck driver was negligent, you could be entitled to pursue a claim against them.
To fully understand your rights, it would be best discuss your case with an Atlanta trucking accident attorney. An attorney can advise you on the legitimacy of your claim and the types of damages that may be available.
Here are 5 things to avoid after a car accident involving a truck:
- agreeing to provide a written or recorded statement to the insurance adjuster;
- releasing your medical records to the insurance company;
- insinuating or outright admitting any fault to the accident;
- waiting too long to file a claim against the truck driver and/or trucking company; and
- settling a claim before you have discussed your case with an attorney.
After a car accident with a truck, there are important steps to you should take. To learn what those are and how you can best protect your claim, contact an Atlanta trucking accident attorney as soon as possible. An attorney will carefully evaluate the details of your accident and injuries and explain the options that you may have.
Providing the Legal Help You Need after an a Car Accident
To learn more about the rights of accident victims and what you can do to protect your case, request one of Shane Smith’s books: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. These books provide valuable tips from an experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer and facts for Georgia injury victims and are available free of charge to Georgia accident victims and their families. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).