He's not the only one. Today, U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood announced the 2011 "Click It or Ticket" mobilization. In Georgia police will be promoting public awareness campaigns and enforcing seat belt laws day and night from May 24 through June 6.
The timing of the campaign has been specially chosen to coincide with the beginning of summer driving season. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) crash data the months between Memorial Day and Labor Day are among the most dangerous times to travel on Georgia highways.
To learn more about Memorial Day travel, read "Memorial Day Weekend is Here; Plan For Traffic and Delays."
Wearing a seat belt is the single best way to protect yourself in the event of a Georgia highway accident. More than 70 percent of vehicle occupants survive car crashes when they are properly buckled up. Depending on the type of vehicle, seat belts reduce the risk of fatal car crash injury by 45 to 60 percent.
In 2008, almost 800 people died in Georgia traffic crashes because they were not wearing a seat belt.
Learn more about seat belt safety in our article: "How Do Seat Belts Save Georgia Lives?"
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- Posted on 07/30/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part IV
- Posted on 07/29/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part III
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.