A Georgia car accident property damage claim covers the damage to your vehicle after an accident. Compensation for the damage comes from the at fault driver's collision and comprehensive insurance. If the driver has no insurance or is underinsured, you may need to seek compensation from your uninsured/underinsured motorist compensation.


Once you've contacted your insurance company, they will decide whether to pay for repairs or "total" your vehicle. If the insurance company decides to total your vehicle, you will be paid your vehicle's actual cash value minus your deductible. Actual cash value (ACV) refers to the cost to replace your vehicle with a similar car in similar condition.


If the insurance company decides to pay for repairs, you will need to find an auto repair shop. For advice on choosing an auto body shop, read Atlanta auto injury attorney Shane Smith's article, "Finding a Repair Shop After Your Atlanta Traffic Accident." Once your insurance company approves the auto repair shop's estimate, they will give you a check to get the car repaired.


Ask your insurance company what you should do about replacing any possessions that are in your car. In many cases, you will have to file a claim for your possessions through your home owner's policy.


Do you have additional questions about Georgia property damage claims? Request a free copy of Shane Smith's book, Property Damage Guide for Georgia. To discuss your claim with an Atlanta accident injury lawyer, contact Shane Smith Law at 777-HURT-999.

Shane Smith
Connect with me
Advocate for the Seriously Injured
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment

In Pain? Call Shane!

Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.