The children were injured, but the 19-year-old boy and twelve-year-old girl are expected to recover. They are lucky. In 2009, more than 5,400 people were killed in crashes involving cell phone use. An additional 440,000 were injured.
April is National Distracted Driving Awareness Month and two Georgia Democrats have proposed a new law that they hope will reduce distracted driving accidents in Atlanta and throughout Georgia.
Last year, legislation was passed which allows drivers to use only hands-free cell phones. Georgia drivers face fines of up to $150 if they are caught using their phones to text, read, or surf the internet. Teens face fines of $150 for any cell phone use. The new bill, which is currently under review by a telecommunications subcommittee, would ban all cell phone use in cars for all drivers.
Learn more about the dangers of distracted driving in our article: "April is National Distracted Driving Month: How Much Do You Know About Atlanta Distracted Driving Accidents?"
If you have been injured in a Georgia accident involving a distracted driver, you have rights. An experienced Atlanta car crash injury lawyer can help you get compensation for your injuries and other losses. To learn more, contact the Law Offices of Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- Posted on 07/30/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part IV
- Posted on 07/29/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part III
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.