Hannah Nicole Freeman, 27, was arrested for the third time on Saturday afternoon after allegedly hitting Tracy Gaydoul. Tracy was walking with his father along the road at the time of the Coweta county pedestrian accident.
Freeman has been charged with driving under the influence of drugs, failure to maintain lane and causing serious injury by motor vehicle. She was previously arrested on September 27 and on October
In Georgia, an accident caused by illegal drug is treated the same way as an accident caused by a drunk driver.
Atlanta drivers who cause an accident while under the influence of illegal drugs may be charged with DUI just as drivers who are under the influence of alcohol. Victims of Atlanta drugged drivers have the same rights as victims of Georgia drunk driving accidents and may claim both compensatory and punitive damages. To learn more, read this library article from Atlanta car accident attorney Shane Smith: “What happens when you are hit by a drunk driver ...why is it different than just a simple car accident?”
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 12/17/2014 Gwinnett County Police Report Increase in Pedestrian Deaths
- Posted on 12/13/2014 Peachtree City Trick-or-Treaters are at Risk for Pedestrian Accidents
- Posted on 12/10/2014 Failure to Yield to Pedestrian Results in Injury for University of Georgia Student
- I was treated very well at Shane Smith's law firm. Every time I called I was informed on everything about my case without asking. I love your firm! -Jasmine
- I really enjoyed working and speaking with my case manager, Shirley. She was a great help in my treatment process. I was always informed about my case. She always returned my phone calls within a day and explained everything clearly. I am very pleased with the care and compassion I received while being a client of the Law Offices of Shane Smith. Destiny