The Georgia DUI accident occurred on Saturday, August 20 at about 4 a.m. Franky J. Cassidy was riding his motorcycle home from work along Burbank Trail in Morrow. Eugene Martin, 34, of Hampton was driving a white Honda Accord in the wrong lane. He crashed into the motorcyclist.
At the time of the crash, Martin had a blood-alcohol count of .192 percent, twice the legal limit. Martin has been charged with homicide by vehicle, driving under the influence, and other charges.
The accident is very similar to another crash that happened earlier this month. On August 5, Patrick Sebastian Smith of Atlanta was 23-year-old Joshua Michael Mosley hit his motorcycle. Mosley was intoxicated at the time.
In 2009 there were 10, 839 fatalities in crashes that involved an impaired driver with a BAC greater than .08. Drunk driving deaths accounted for almost one-third of the total motor vehicle traffic fatalities.
If you have lost a loved one to a drunk driver, you have a right to be angry. It is not fair that you should lose a loved one because another driver decided to behave irresponsibly. You deserve accountability.
To learn about Georgia wrongful death claims for drunk driving deaths, contact Shane Smith Law at 770-HURT-999.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 09/17/2018 DUI Wrongful Death Claims: What You Should Know
- Posted on 09/17/2018 The Deep Emotional Impact of Georgia Drunk Driving Accidents—and Its Role in Personal Injury Cases
- Posted on 09/17/2018 Understanding How the Criminal Process Works in Georgia Drunk Driving Accident Cases
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?
- ?I understand I can file a lawsuit against a drunk driver who injured me, but will criminal punishment happen too?